Teeth whitening can yield noticeable results in a relatively short period.
In-Office Bleaching typically requires just one visit to our office. A protective gel or rubber shield is applied over the gums to safeguard the soft tissue. A whitening agent containing carbamide peroxide is then administered to the teeth, followed using a specialized light to amplify the whitening process. This method offers the quickest route to achieving desired results.
At-Home bleaching involves taking an impression of the teeth to create a custom mouthguard that holds the whitening gel, containing carbamide peroxide, against the teeth. Once the mouthguard is fabricated, it is worn for a specified duration, as instructed by our office. This duration may vary, ranging from a few hours daily or overnight to up to four weeks or longer, depending on individual preferences.
Instructions Following Whitening:
- Teeth are more vulnerable to staining during the initial 48 hours following whitening treatments. It is advisable to refrain from consuming dark-colored foods or beverages during this time to prevent staining.
- Items such as berries, cola or dark sodas, red wine, coffee and tea, tobacco, and dark sauces should be avoided.
Using Your Custom Trays:
- Adhere to the instructions provided by our office, ensuring that the bleaching gel is applied to the center of each tooth position on the tray so that it makes contact with the anterior surface of the teeth once inserted into your mouth.
- Wear the trays for the recommended duration.
- Rinse the mouth thoroughly and gently remove any residual gel from the teeth using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Clean the trays regularly to maintain hygiene.